Looking for a unique sporting event? We have just the game. It’s broomball: a combination of fun and fitness that’s really different. We have everything you will need to play this game. Broomball is just like hockey without the skates, so everyone can play. It’s great co-ed activity. Players wear soft-soled shoes and score goals by shooting the ball past a goaltender with high tech brooms. Try Broomball soon! Call (269) 387-3050 for rental information and prices.
Broomball rules according to USA Broomball
- Game basics: A game consists of two halves. A game consists of two, 18 minute stop time halves.
- Teams: Each team has a goalie, three forwards and two defensemen (same line up as hockey).
- On sides: USA Broomball uses the floating blue line concept. That is, once an attacking player has crossed the blue line in the offensive zone, the red line now becomes the designated off sides line. Essentially, the blue line disappears as the off sides marker. The ball must completely clear the blue line before the player's shoes and no other attacking player can be in the zone before the ball in order for the attacking team to be considered on sides.
- Icing: Icing occurs when any player of a defending team shoots or intentionally deflects the ball from behind their defending zone blue line and across the goal line of the opposing team. Icing is ruled automatically.
- High broom: A high broom is called when the ball makes contact with the player's stick above shoulder level. A minor penalty is called, unless an injury occurs as a result of the high broom, which is a major penalty.